(From left to right: Frank Cronin, Jasper Cooper, Gus Leptien)
LCC Engineering & Surveying, Inc. (LCC) is a professional civil engineering and land surveying firm that provides services to public agencies in the San Francisco Bay Area. LCC is a nine member firm located in downtown Martinez, California.
LCC was founded in March of 1954 by Guenter K. “Gus” Leptien. Frank Cronin and Jasper Cooper joined him in 1955, and together they formed Leptien, Cronin, Cooper, a partnership. Leptien specialized in sanitary and assessment district engineering, Cronin specialized in road design and traffic engineering, and Cooper specialized in land surveying.
The partnership was incorporated as “Leptien, Cronin, Cooper, Inc.” in 1969. The principals of the firm served as interim City Engineer and District Engineer for local agencies, and specialized in assessment districts and surveying. They were responsible for designing several of the major arterial roads in Contra Costa County including Willow Pass Road, Taylor Boulevard, Kirker Pass Road, Alhambra Avenue and the street system for the former site of Camp Stoneman military base among others.
Randolph W. (Randy) Leptien joined LCC in 1977 and acquired his father’s interest in the business in 1983. He specializes in municipal and assessment district engineering. The firm continued to operate as Leptien, Cronin, Cooper, Inc. through the mid-1990s. Albert A. (Al) Morris joined LCC in 1980. John W. Poore, Sr. joined LCC in 1994. They acquired shares in the Company in 1995, replacing Cronin and Cooper as principals. The official name of the company was changed to “Leptien, Cronin, Cooper, Morris & Poore, Inc.” The firm continued to “do business as” LCC and LCC, Inc. and specialized in municipal engineering, sanitary sewer and street improvement projects in urban and suburban areas.
Christine Parks joined the firm in 1996. Mrs Parks is the daughter of Randy and granddaughter of founding principal Gus Leptien. She is in charge of land surveying and also specializes in urban street design. Together, Mr. Leptien and Mrs. Parks have more than 60 years of direct experience in the practice of Civil Engineering and Land Surveying. Today, they own and manage the company.
The company’s name was legally changed to “LCC Engineering & Surveying, Inc.” in September of 2015. LCC’s current staff includes nine people who are all featured on this section under “Team”. The current principals and staff at LCC are very proud to continue the legacy of Gus Leptien, Frank Cronin and Jasper Cooper.